Three Day Self Drive to Kakadu National Park
Day 1: Darwin to Kakadu Culture Camp
After breakfast, pick up you hire car in Darwin and head east for the three and half hour drive to the Muirella Park campground via Jabiru in the Kakadu National Park.
Kakadu Culture Camp is owned and operated by a local Aboriginal family and is based at Djarradjin Billabong (Muirella Park Campground) in the heart of Kakadu National Park.
See this spectacular park through the eyes of the local Bininj (Aboriginal) people who are also Kakadu Park Rangers.
Explore the waterways of the Kakadu World Heritage Area on their evening boat cruise. Look out for the abundance of crocodiles, birds, snakes, turtles and even Barramundi fish in the shallows as the wild life comes out to play and hunt after dark.
Join in cultural activities such as spear throwing and playing the didgeridoo.
Camp overnight in their basic yet comfortable safari tents and enjoy a three-course campfire dinner including Barramundi and buffalo cooked on the coals.
Day 2: Kakadu Culture Camp
Enjoy a private day tour of Kakadu’s Highlights. Visit Ubirr and Nourlangie Rock art sites, spot the crocodiles along the East Alligator River. Stop in at Bowali Visitor Centre and the Warradjan Cultural Centre. Finish the tour with a Yellow Water boat cruise.
Lunch is provided and you will have the chance to visit areas of the park which are not open to the public. Return to camp before sunset and stay for the second night in your safari tent.
Day 3: Kakadu Culture Camp to Darwin
After breakfast enjoy some free time to explore Kakadu before driving back to Darwin. Arrive in Darwin before lunch.
Kakadu Culture Camp www.kakaduculturecamp.com
- Kakadu by Night Tour AUD$80 per person
- Accommodation in a safari tent with shared shower/toilet facilities AUD$220 per person per night - includes Dinner/bed/breakfast/all beverages.
- Kakadu Highlights Private day tour AUD$1,100 for one person plus AUD$50 per extra person up to 7 maximum – includes lunch.
- Yellow Water boat cruise extra AUD$75 per adult
- Car hire (ex Darwin) from around AUD$100 per day (depending on length of hire and vehicle preference). 2WD access through the dry season.